Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My first two layouts using the Heirloom kit!

Hi everyone!
When I got this months kit I was so excited - full of Blue Fern goodies....
Here is my first layout using the Heirloom kit


 The little cutie is Ty a couple of years ago

I love the weight of the Blue Fern papers...perfect for distressing and mixed media.  For this layout I used the 'Timeless' papers from the kit


I used one of my stencils and some modeling paste and while the paste was still wet I added some of the
Lindy's Stamp Gang Two-Toned Embossing Powder in Midnight Pewter Obsidian from the color add on, then heat set it.



I fussy cut the title and added my florals from the main kit and floral add on and a key from the main kit and and lock from the elements add on.
I used some watered down gesso on the flowers and the key & lock



The Blue Fern Chipboard is from the store but it is sold out - but there is plenty more to choose from here
I sprayed it with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Moonshadow Mist in Moonlit Mulberry
from the color add on 
then add some of the same embossing powder from the stencil, heat set it, added some micro beads from a previous kit and the watered down gesso.
I used this months Blue Fern Sketch that I rotated onto its side!

My next layout is of Cody's school photo this year


 For this one I used the yummy 7Dots studio Lost and Found papers from the coordinating paper add on



The stars are  from the store as well and are from Blue Fern.
I sprayed them with Lindy's Rusty Latern Lime mist from a previous kit then added some of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Two-Toned Embossing Powder in Midnight Pewter Obsidian from the color add on, I also wrapped some cord from a previous kit around parts of some of the stars.  I splattered the paper, added micro beads from a previous kit and some gems also from a previous kit. 



I love that the title was already on the paper!  I just added a little bit of the watered down gesso and some of the mist, a Tim Holtz sticker from the main kit and a few stars!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

What great pages! Especially loving your Blue Fern page!

Valerie S said...

What a beautiful layout, Laura! So glad to hear that you love using Blue Fern paper. Thanks for joining us for our sketch challenge this month.