Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Real Men Wear Pink

Good morning!
I have a layout I want to share that means  a lot to me.
over night on June 7th til 8th 2014 my hubby walked
 9 hours 49 minutes straight in cowboy boots 
over 25 miles,
on my sisters Relay for Life team 'Deb's Ducks' to raise money for Breast Cancer research.
My sister is a wonderful, strong, and beautiful woman that kicked cancers behind!!!
That relay she had a lot of fabulous supporters who walked with her and cheered her on during the survivor lap.  

 Jon did not stop, he did not rest, he wanted to walk the entire 12 hours but that's impossible.
My wonderful brother in law Brent, walked with Jon during what ended up being Jon's final lap and told him 'He had done enough, and it was time to rest'  Jon told Brent he wanted to finish this lap and Brent walked with him.  They finished the lap in silence...nothing more needed to be said.

I am so very proud of him.

In the photo Jon is being recognized by the Blenheim organizer for walking the longest.
I wish I could remember the ladies name but alas..... 


I bought a Scraps Of Elegance kit a LONG time ago and used the 7 dots paper!


I sprayed a few doilies and then used a bit of gesso.  Under the photo is some tags with some personal journaling.


I added some of the die cuts around the cluster and a key!
I covered the key with gesso, then added some Lindy's stamp gang embossing powder in 
Stardust Candy Rose.


Here you can see the title and I highlighted how long he walked by using a Prima resin oval frame that I inked, then used the same embossing powder and bit of pink Heidi Swapp Color Shine.
I added some Flourish With  Bling pearls around the cluster and on the oval frame!


I also embossed on a few butterflies and added some gesso


Here you can see the whole cluster


I love the big flower!  Lots of dimension!

I am entering this the Scrap Your stash challenge.
You are to use a stash item for each letter of word INKS

I - ink - used in various places and on the oval frame
N - 'nine' I used the nine in the subtitle
K - used a key
S - used Scraps Of Elegance kit, Sakura pen for journaling
include a STASH item for each letter in the work INKS. - See more at: http://scrapourstash.blogspot.ca/2015/10/october-stash-challenge-31-inks.html#sthash.SABVF0Ek.dpuf

Thanks for stopping by

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful layout and wonderful job with the stash item requirements! Thank you for playing along at Scrap Our Stash

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your layout is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used the items from your stash, too! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap our Stash!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful page. Love the details and awesome stash used. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

ElenaB. said...

awesome layout! Thanks for playing along with SOS!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Laura, your layout is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used the items in your stash to make your beautiful page! Relay for Life is near and dear to my heart!!!! And your title is so fun, too! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap our Stash!

Carole Wright said...

Hi Laura, wow this is stunning and you must be very proud. I love your work its gorjuss as ever.Thank you for joining us this month at SCRAP OUR STASH x

Sherri Caramico said...

You can just feel the LOVE in this layout! Thanks for sharing such an inspirational story, and a very beautiful layout to honor this wonderful memory. Great use of your STASH! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS!! xoxoxo

Rochelle Spears said...

SO pretty! Love the layers and the shabby look! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash! :)

Tricia said...

Love your cluster of flowers! Nice job! Thanks so much for participating and playing along with SOS!

TantiK Creation said...

This is so beautiful. Love all the flowers. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.